New measures to further reduce the risk of coronavirus infection in our school
How can children stay healthy at school?
For the time being the easiest way to reduce the risk of being affected by viruses of any sort (including the common cold) is to practice good hygiene.
- Keep your hands to yourself.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow or a tissue, never into the air.
- Wash your hands properly.
- Wash your hands after going to the toilet.
- Wash your hands after playing outside or coming into contact with other people or animals.
- Wash your hands before you eat.
- Don’t suck your fingers, pencils or other objects.
- Don’t share food or water bottles.
- Spread out where possible, avoid close contact.
- Use hand sanitiser after sharing equipment e.g. laptops, iPads, keyboards, toys.
How can your Teacher help you to stay healthy?
- They will make sure there is plenty of hand sanitizer and soap in your class.
- They will model good hand washing and hand sanitizing for you.
- They will encourage you to wash and sanitize your hands as often as possible.
- They will model how to cover a sneeze or a cough.
- They will where possible arrange the desks so that you are well spread out.
- They will when possible organize learning activities that don’t require close contact.
- They will clean surfaces of shared objects e.g. laptops, iPads, keyboards, toys.
- They will reward Germ Busters in the class.
How can the school help you to stay healthy?
- We will not have muster any more, classes will line up at the door nearest their classroom.
- Notices will be read out over the PA system at muster time.
- Assemblies will be cancelled, awards will be delivered in class by the Principal.
- Children must stick to their designated areas in the playground and avoid close contact with each other.
- Contact sports will be banned until further notice.
- Interschool activities will be banned until further notice.
- Excursions and visitors to the school will be restricted until further notice.
- We will take extra care to clean the school each afternoon.
- We will reward Germ Busters in the school.
How can your family help you to stay healthy?
- Practice and model good hygiene as outlined above.
- Read the advice provided at https://www.health.gov.au/
- Keep sick children at home, just as you would have done before coronavirus.
- Contact the school if you have any questions or concerns. 89733844
- Watch for updates on this webpage and on facebook https://www.facebook.com/clydefentonps/